Navigation Menu

Deep Fried Bounty @ Snow Monkey

So after dinner at Albee's we decided to explore the streets of Campsie, possibly find something to satisfy my sweet tooth.
We came across this sign. Oh dear God! Deep Fried in massive letters and nothing but images of chocolate. I knew what I was in for because of the creation of the Deep Fried Mars Bar in Bondi. I personally didn't travel there to purchase my heart attack but found a local tucker shop that offered similar services and I chose a deep fried Snickers (because Snickers is better than Mars). It was covered in batter and the chocolate was melted with chunky peanuts. I think the stickiness stopped my heart for a few seconds as I digested but it was just a fantastic experience.

So in seeing this it really bought up memories of that delectable experience and I felt despite my diet, I really needed to endure this once more. Even if they were charging me $6 for a chocolate bar. 
To minimalise my calorie intake I decided to share it with this guy (pictured above-left). 

I loved the decore upon entry. It had some good music pumping and the furniture was interesting. The service was friendly and fantastic. Just a shame that it's located somewhere where the crowd would not appreciate this cuisine.
Before my order came out, the staff handed me a card and told me that I'd get a free chocolate bar if I try every flavour. Wow! So you're rewarding me with an extra fried treat if I manage to not die after that many tries? Maybe this last one might do the trick. Please tell your friends.
When it came out, I was surprised. It wasn't deep fried in batter with oil oozing out of its orifices. But instead a more elegant, crunchy coated pastry surrounded my deep fried bounty. 

I took a bite and I loved how the hot bounty just reminded me of a freshly made macaroon. I fully suggest sharing it, as the heat seem to intensify the sweetness. Next time I'd definitely try something with more chocolate as that will allow for a more melted, creamy center.
I still loved the experience and thankful for stores like these out there. Just a nice change to eating the same old same old all the time.