Navigation Menu

Lor Bak @ Albee's Kitchen

So back at Albee's Kitchen again. This time I'm giving my Hainanese Chicken cravings a miss. Really got to cut back those carbs. 

Service for this dish was extremely slow but its probably more due to the fact that they took my order without writing it down and forgot to make it until I asked for it. 

I really like how this place is like a random hawker market all in one place. Chance of getting sick in this place looks high and I love the thrill and the authenticity.
 
Loh bak is another famous Penang Nyonya food in Malaysia. It is also one of the Penang well known hawker delights easily available at many Penang street stalls or night markets sold as finger food.

Lor Bak is marinated minced pork, then rolled in thin soybean sheets and then deep fried. I liked the fried texture of the soybean sheets. It was crispy and contrasted nicely with the mixture inside. The inside was hit and miss for me. It was spiced and seasoned well but the overall texture didn't pop or made you crave for another bite. At least there was a side of chilli sauce to mask/enhance the taste.
Will definitely revisit Albee's again as it just has that feel of being at home. Even though I'm not Malaysian.