Navigation Menu

Royce Potato Chip Chocolate Fromage Blanc

I remember one day walking through Aldi and came across chocolate covered chips. It was one of my favourite discoveries ever. Not only unique and unhealthy, but it tasted fantastic. That's all you can expect from a Frankenstein snack.

So when I found out that Royce sells them I'm first in line to try it. I love the nice simple potato chip covered in Fromage Blanc. 

Fromage Blanc is a fresh, easy-to-make cheese. Of French origin, its name simply means “white cheese” and it makes an excellent cheese spread with herbs and spices added to it. It can also be used by itself as a substitute for cream cheese or ricotta in cooking. It can have the consistency of a cream cheese with a fraction of the calories and cholesterol.
It was surprisingly addictive even though you naturally think the combination just won't work. So creamy and sweet but then a crunch of a potato chip to break up the consistency. I know it doubles up my calorie intake because its combined two things traditionally considered unhealthy into one bite. 
In saying all that, despite the health risk, price tag of $15 and the fact I can't get in Australia, I'd definitely consider getting it again.