Navigation Menu

Singapore Special Day 5

So our final day we decided to finally give that Kaya Toast for breakfast a try. My friends got a serving or Wet and Runny egg. Apparently served like that since 1944. It did not look appealing at all, nor did they know how to eat it. One of them dipped the Kaya toast in and that just looked wrong.
The Kaya Toast was extremely toasted, so much so the bread was very crumbly and crispy. The dish itself was very dry and my Kaya Toast had peanut butter in it as well so that left my mouth all sticky, dry and in need of something to wash it down.
Our next stop was a quick re-visit to Chinatown. I grabbed myself a cold Home-Made-Barley drink which tasted like cold water and beans. I really didn't want any juices or milky produce before a flight.
Then I couldn't help myself and bought a bowl of Laksa.. just because it felt like something I should have tried if I went to Singapore. It tasted how I imagine it should taste, nothing to write home about, but in saying that I'm no Laksa fan nor expert.
Last but not least a final stop at Mos Burger. This time I ventured into their "high-end" burger. A Wagyu Chilli Burger. It was very saucy and a great meal to send me off, forever drooling over the foods in Singapore.