Navigation Menu

Lamb Souvlaki @ The Grill

I was instantly drawn to this place when I found out they make souvlakis.... 
Situated under Imax, this little venue gets its fair share of visitors and for a good reason. They serve mini burgers and souvlaki paired up with a chips and drink combo. Nothing original except that their souvlaki is pretty dang good. 

The service is moderately fast dependant on the number of orders as they usually only have two works manning the whole store. 
I love souvlaki and have been known to long for a trip to Melbourne just to satisfy my souvlaki cravings. Sydney's closest substitute are kebabs and yeeros... which just doesn't compare.
I would say this is better than most kebabs in Sydney but you get a tiny snack size serving for your $8 investment. 

Everything about just tastes freshly made from the bread to the soft and juicy lamb. Plenty of sauce... so much so you can't eat and walk with this unless you love oily sauce stains on your clothes and shoes. I actually ruined on pair of my shoes when the oil landed directly on the suede section. I learnt my lesson this time and actually sat down in a nearby food court. 

That's the only downfall of this place, its such a great location with great views... but you can't enjoy your meal by the water because of all those seagulls. Normally they place all your meal in a brown paper bag to take away.. but in hindersight, I'm glad they didn't. I think the seagulls have developed an association with brown bags and food... damn you Maccas.