Navigation Menu

Singapore Special Day 1

I have a bad habit of being so Asian that I always fly budget airlines. I can't justify the extra $$$ when they can go to something more delicious than 4 more inches of legroom. In saying that, I didn't get enough time before my flight to have a decent meal leaving me hungry and ended up forking some of that precious saved $$$ towards plane food.

This is what my $7 got me. Kimchi Cup of Noodles and an Instant Egg.

I think the instant noodles was falsely advertised as spicy on their menu (clearly labeled with a chilli icon on their packaging). Nonetheless it tasted pretty nice but I was really hungry. I generally look forward to set meals on my long plane rides because I have a weird liking for plane food. It's like they manage to give you a combination of food that I wouldn't go out to buy and eat but yet it forms a perfect meal. Or maybe yet again, I'm just that hungry and I devour it like Prisoner 38279.
The egg was very plastic looking, all vacuumed sealed and shiny.
I was hesitant as it had a funky kind of smell like what eggs shouldn't smell like and an expiry date that was way too far in the future. At least this combo tied me over until we landed.
First stop after we dropped off our bags was a nearby hawkers market in Newton for a late night pick me up. After being hounded to try different hawker stalls, we settled on a nice little satay joint.
Our starter for the night was chicken wings, beef and chicken satay sticks, satay and chilli sauce. The satay sauce was the star of the dish for me. It was so good my friend wanted to drink it.
 
This place ended up being one of our favourites. So much so that on the night before we left, we repaid this guy a visit and manage to consume 40 satay skewers between the two of us.

From left to right: Tiger Beer, Poh Piah (Fresh Egg Vegetable Spring Roll) and Sting Ray.
The Fresh Vegetable Spring Roll was nice and light. After doing some research there's a lot of art into making it and probably should have appreciated it a lot more than stuffing my face and not savouring all the flavours. The sting ray was a must try for me. Something I don't see everyday. It melted in your mouth, except for all the bones that was annoyingly left in the fish, and that thick sauce was so hot that I needed my trusted Tiger Beer to come to my rescue.
Nothing tops off a night of eating than some dessert and what world wide chain can provide that service. Maccas. Ended the night with a Matcha (Green Tea) McFlurry. I really love tasting overseas Maccas and their varied menu.