Navigation Menu

Oh Henry!

Time to grab another snack from my American bag of goodies. Oh Henry oh henry... how will you be?
Oh Henry! first introduced in 1920 is a candy bar that has peanuts, caramel and fudge coated by chocolate.

I like the legend of how the candy got its name. Apparently originally named after a boy who frequented the company and flirted with the girls who made the candy.

So like most American Chocolate it tastes really cheap, I felt like there wasn't enough peanuts and for some reason all the candy bars I've requested are super chewy and sticky because of the caramel.
In 1923, an employee of Williamson announced that he was going to make the Oh Henry! bar a national best seller. After being denied any funds for an advertising campaign he decided to just make car bumper stickers saying "Oh Henry!". People became curious as to what an Oh Henry! was, and sales for the bar rose quickly.

Personally, another candy bar I'm happy to have tried but definitely not making a return on my shopping list.

Here's a cheesy commercial for the snack....I notice that a lot of the Oh Henry commercials love to imply Oh Henry! addicts carry around empty packaging with them...