Navigation Menu

Chilli Buldog @ Buldog

Wow a hotdog store in Strathfield. This I got to try...
What's a buldog? My guess is its a hotdog with bulgogi (Korean dish that usually consists of grilled marinated beef).

The store has been open for around 2 months now and despite not having lots of people sitting and eating in, they do get quite a few random take away orders. The shop use to be a little Korean place that my fiancee and I loved but I guess we didn't frequent it enough.
Since there isn't much room in the restaurant it stores all it's drinks still in boxes near the entrance. This really brings down it's decor. The service speed is reasonably ok but at least they are friendly.

I got myself the Chilli Buldog. A beef sausage, smothered in melted cheese, topped with bulgogi, salad, gravy, chilli mayo and mustard. The mustard was the icing on the cake so to speak. It definitely gave it the flavour. The bulgogi was a great addition, but who can say no to more meat. The chilli levels were quite low, which was surprising for a Korean place. Slightly toasted bread but nothing to write home about.

Overall for $7, it wasn't too bad and for a tenner you could make it a meal with chips and a drink. I'd be curious enough to revisit and test something else on the menu.