Navigation Menu

Hickory Hollow Smoked Sauce Chilli & Garlic

This week was the battle of the condiments and yet again my preferred choice prevailed. Welcome to the winner circle Hickory Hollow.
 
The sauce rated very high with the judges and passed the taste testing with flying colours averaging very close to 100% approval rating. 

It's a combination of chilli, garlic, paw paw, vinegar and lime juice. I personally had my doubts on the chilli aspect of it because it had such a high approval rating and I immediately assumed the hotness factor has been compromised to cater for the major market. 

The sauce itself is very runny and not thick like sweet chilli sauce as I thought it would have been. The spice was actually very decent, like an overdose of tabasco sauce, it had a nice kick. I love how there were chunky bits of chilli in the sauce and it added a bit more bite to it. The taste overall was fresh and spicy and compliments all my meaty dishes.

My fiancée was definitely fan and thinks this is the clear favourite of all the Recipe to Riches releases... I'm still loving the Croqs. Can't wait until next week!