Navigation Menu

Sausage Croissant @ Breadtop

During my long lunch walks I noticed that the Breadtop @ Town Hall had a new addition. A sausage croissant... Welcome!
I've always admitted that there's something about croissants that appeal to me... despite not really ever eating one that was fantastic... still yet to venture to La Renaissance.

The pastry is oily and flaky which provided a crispy and crunchy bite. The sausage and cheese is very average. I think with a more flavoured and seasoned sausage and better slice of cheese, this hot dog reinvention would have been a wiener...
Another thing that caught my eye was an oval shaped egg tart... umm what? That's just not right. I had to buy it.. at least in hope that to justify it's unconventional shape, it would have been an amazing delight. 

The egg custard is creamy and just sweet enough but the pastry is very biscuit like but still quite soft. Personally I prefer buttery and flaky.. that crumbles on each bite forcing you to finishing it within a few bites or bear the risk of dropping everything. This egg tart has nothing on the ones in Hon Kong nor even my local Flemington egg tart provider.

Shame... I was almost certain that the sausage croissant was going be a gem....