Navigation Menu

Jaffle Craving Chaos

It was a Saturday.. the weather was great.. my stomach was hungry after a gruelling tennis game... and all I felt like was Jaffles. A reminder of my childhood... me sporting a bowl haircut rushing down to the kitchen to smell the melting of cheese. My mum use to make it simple: ham, cheese and gherkins... and I loved it. It was most important to eat the triangles from heaven hot.. otherwise you lose the full experience.

For those who don't know.. Jaffles is just two slices of bread, with whatever filling you like, pressed together by a Jaffle maker. It turns the two slices of bread into two triangle pieces sealing in all your contents... despite sometimes letting the cheese ooze out of the corners.

We recently got given a sample of cheeses from my fiancées family and I was excited to melt those golden slices. After that.. it all just went downhill...

It was my fault really... I should have defrosted the bread. As I place the two pieces of bread in the machine and pressed down... the handle snapped and the plastic dug a nice five cent coin deepness out of my thumb. Leaving my unfinished Jaffle... I spent the next 90 minutes applying pressure to stop the endless bleeding.
The brand of the Jaffle maker for those who were looking to avoid this death trap. I've heard Breville makes a better and long lasting one.. I might need to invest once I get over this fear of pressing.
The indentation feels funny under the band-aid but at least it'll be a nice reminder for me to be more careful.