Navigation Menu

Chicken and Spring Vegetable Pie @ Central Depot Bakery

So Central Depot Bakery often gets listed as one of the top 3 bakeries to get a pie. I'm a definite pie lover, so much so that I would  tolerate a low quality pie and excuse it just because it's a pie.  
I personally love the pies up in the Blue Mountains... enough for me to endure a bush walk just so I feel deserving to stop off afterwards and pack in those calories. Maybe I can convince myself to drive up just for a pie for the blog... anyone interested?
This pie is hearty and chunky and probably would have been warmer if I didn't have to venture so far to find a seat where I wouldn't be attacked by seagulls. There's one thing you can guarantee that they won't let you down on and that's the pastry. Excellent as always. The veges tasted fresh and made it feel very healthy. I personally don't like veges in my pies. The pieces of chicken was a bit rough for my liking but the sauce was decent enough to make it bearable. To be honest, it was probably a bad idea to attempt to tackle this pie after a pasta lunch but what's done is done. 

Now thinking back.. maybe I should have just tried a more meaty option.. knowing how carnivorous I am...