Navigation Menu

American Doughnuts

What better place to venture for food in the morning in Melbourne than Queen Victoria Markets.
I find myself wandering the streets of Melbourne with 10 hours to pass by. Shopping and food. Its the only way.

The morning was quite cold even though the sun was out. The sound of guitars, the smell of hot food and a long line queuing beside this American Doughnut caravan.

I humoured my taste buds for $1.
What I received in my white paper bag was a sugar coated deep fried doughnut with jam inside.

Such a delight to the taste buds with its sweetness yet not overpowering as I tend to find with jam filled treats. So warm and nice in the winter mornings, as I slowly enjoyed it while watching the buskers entertain the crowd.

Despite the long line the service was quite quick... Almost quick enough to entice me for another.
 Definitely worth a stop by and purchasing half a dozen or so next time.