Navigation Menu

Freckles

This brings back memories of lining up at the canteen and using my pocket change to get a small bag of Freckles that's individually wrapped in paper bags.....
I can't help but feel that the canteen really ripped us off considering they just bought a large bag and sold it all separately.

Canteens always brings up a bad memory for me. I think I must have been an indecisive/forgetful child. I lined up for around 20 minutes, got to the front:
Canteen Lady: "What would you like?"
Me: "Ummm I don't know."
Canteen Lady: "Well go back to the back of the line."

...And I did. It was embarrassing and I can't remember why my mind blanked out.

That being said... I still loved it as a kid... and after my first 10 pieces... I realise I still love it now.
Simply its a button shaped chocolate that is covered with hundreds and thousands on one side. 
I love the crunch of hundreds and thousands in my mouth and the feeling of my teeth and health rotting away after every single button.
This probably explains the hype of Fairy Bread.. or Candy Crush... if that was your first thought after seeing this blog... then YES.. you are an addict.