Navigation Menu

Ching Poo Luong

So I've seen this and pretty sure I've had this at a restaurant and was excited to see it in a can. Ready to serve from the fridge to my belly....

Ching Poo Luong consists of peas, wheat flake, red bean, glutinous rice, pearl barley, peanuts, lotus seeds, dioscorea rhizophora, longans, suger (sic), and water. Its a sweet cold coup dessert mainly served in Cantonese and Vietnamese meals.

I really like the fact it comes with a three fold spoon. I was careful in assembling it as I didn't want to have to scull this from a can if I broke my only utensil.

Does this photo make the soup look thick, filled with beans, and slightly unpleasant. Well that's how it tasted.... and to make it worse.. it wasn't sweet enough either. I think I'll stick with ordering my over sugary $4 a cup version at my local Pho restauarant..