Navigation Menu

Ramen Burger @ On Ramen

I read reviews about the recent Noodle Market and realised they had a Ramen Burger. I was so disappointed that I didn't attend thinking that the Noodle Market is the same gathering of stores every year and its just overcrowded and unpleasant. Yes, I do sound like I'm ageing way too fast. Though upon more research by my fiancee we found that On Ramen served the infamous Ramen Burger and off we went.

We rocked up Sunday morning, nice and early. Way too early for Japanese as it's not one of those breakfast nor brunch meals. We were the only ones in the restaurant. It was tucked away on the corner facing Harry's, who was also up early selling Bacon and Egg rolls. 
The food came out and yes that is a scale of it compared to my finger. No I don't have massive fingers. The burger was as small as a slider. And for the price ofs $12.50. I could have gotten 6 McDoubles for that. I assume they were going for the small servings means upper class food and you appreciate it more. Hence the long lines of people during lunchtimes wanting to try it.
The ramen noodles were crunchy and tough in bits and in general it was burnt. Too burnt for my liking. The slightly burnt bits were nice and bitter and added that contrast to the overall sweetness of the meat and ramen. The salad inside consisted of corn, lettuce, tomato and onion. Tomato was a bit weird as I don't usually find that in my ramen.
I love the wasabi mash on the side. It was the perfect complimenting dish. 

The staff in the back seem to be speaking Mandarin and the staff at the front were greeting people in Japanese. 
I think this is going to be like the Cronut Craze unless they eventually fix up the kinks in the burger. Definitely worth a try though for what its worth.