Navigation Menu

Jabson's Mini Samosa

Mini Samosas that are ready to eat without preheating the oven, defrosting and cooking. Sounds amazeballs to me. All I need to do is open the packet and eat them. That's my immediate thoughts when I saw these at Mustafa in Singapore. The convenience level leaves me highly sceptical though. 
Samosa is a fried or baked pastry that's usually filled with spiced potatoes, lentils, peas, onion and grounded meat. It's typically a distinct triangular shape. 
I love that it actually looked the part and not just in any random shape they were able to form. Truly an exact replica of a samosa in my hand, just downsized. The outer pastry is crispy but unfortunately so was it's contents, making that its major downfall (Things that you might not be able to control if it's a packeted snack). The spice levels were fantastic. It lived up to the samosa name and packed a decent punch in such a small bite size. 
Overall very flavourful and enjoyable, despite the super high calories per samosa. I'd definitely recommend a try if you can manage to pick it up at your local Indian grocer.