Navigation Menu

Pear, Almond and Chocolate Tart @ Central Baking Depot

After discovering Central Baking Depot, I can't help but find myself in their store browsing over what to try next. The Pear, Almond and Chocolate tart really tickled my interest. Not for its uniqueness but I'm a sucker for chocolate. It's first time to try something on the menu that wasn't savoury, and I must admit, I'm a little excited.
After my previous high praises for Bourke Street bakeries magnificent pastries.... I knew I'd be in for a treat here. Especially if they can make sweets as good as their pies and sausage rolls. 

It reminded me of a dense chocolate fondant except without the oozing chocolate that you'd expect. It leaves your mouth sticky the way good chocolate desserts should. The poached pear in middle helps break up that overly chocolatey indulgent taste you get with a chocolate fondant. To be honest I don't recall tasting the almonds at all. Very very subtle perhaps. 
I'm definitely excited to make another trip to tantalise my sweet tooth. Hmmmm my birthday is approaching.... any excuse would do.