Navigation Menu

Blair's Death Rain Jolokia Pepper

I was in shock when I saw this... how can something so good exist... chilli heaven here I come.
I glazed over at the packaging. I'm really excited when a snack gets rated WTF?!

I opened the bag like a kid at Xmas. I was surprised not to be hit in the face by a chilli fly kick.
Oh no, it's not spicy... at least that's what I thought...
 
The initial taste of the chip is nice. It only had a mild kick and the potato flavour is fantastic as well.

Suddenly the chilli levels rose from mild to a nice kick like from Kettles.Then that kept increasing and I started to cough and the chilli sensation lingered for about 40 minutes or so from 3 pieces of chip. This is freaken amazing because it's one of the hottest chip snacks I've eaten. Totally worth the $4.50 price tag.

For the brave this can be purchased at Golden Banana in Top Ryde shopping center.
Also a nice touch is the back story they have. Explains the names of their sauces and his passion.

Warning: I got home and tried snacking on this and wolfed down 5 pieces. My stomach wasn't good for a few hours.

Here's a link my workmate sent me randomly which happen to work with this blog. (BTW I got that chilli sauce and will review it soon)
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2013/05/chili-taste-test-blairs-ultra-death-sauce/