Navigation Menu

Castello Reserve Prast

So what makes a $9 cheese (that's not close to expiring) become a $3 cheese....

The packaging is very appealing. A nice prestigious feel to it.

From their website:
"This Swedish cheese dates back to medieval times. Originally made by priests, this salty spicy yet creamy hard cheese is the holy grail of tongue tingling tastiness. The salty crystals in this grainy strong cheese inspire the tongue into action. To get people talking, try serving it on hunks of crusty white bread drizzled with balsamic, a glass of fine port and some late night conversation."

It's a hard cheese that crumbles as you try to cut it into smaller pieces. Tastes like cheddar but I kind of like the small grains of salt randomly scattered. At the end of the day I'm still a soft cheese kind-of-guy but I'll keep on trying these hard cheeses until I find something I like.