Navigation Menu

Waffle Fries @ Hungry Jacks

I'm always a sucker for a good gimmick and Hungry Jack's marketing team has spammed my favourite shows with enough commercial airtime for me to decide to invest $2.50 on their "new" product.
 
It's basically a waffle shaped potato chip. It seemed a bit chewy on first bite, like my serving has been sitting out for a while. 

You can really taste the oil and salt that naturally go on their chips, but because it's a bigger surface it might have increased its chances of latching on. I wonder how much better it would have tasted paired up with some sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.

Upon close examination, it really resembled multiple fries in a cross hatch pattern. 

As usual... whether it be onion rings or Waffle Fries.. they always seem to get the few stray french fries in there....