Navigation Menu

Waha Wera Kiwifruit Habernero Sauce - Chur Burger

So my workmate tells me about this burger joint called Chur Burger. It has been voted the best burger in Sydney by SMH. Now that's a big claim!
Actually this blog itself is about Waha Wera Kiwifruit Habernero Sauce. This was one of the many sauces on the table: NZ born and I'm so glad I met it. 

The sauce combines the nice fresh taste of kiwifruit followed quickly by a heated Habernero. The combination worked wonders and actually saved this Chips with "Chilli" salt (shown below). Just a quick taste and I was immediately disappointed by their chips. The smell of chilli hit me in the face as the bowl of chips landed but the taste had no kick. 

Thanks Chur for an introduction to this sauce. I'm definitely on the hunt for a bottle in my home now!
Although the rest of this blog isn't really keeping with the snacking reference I feel the need to share how great this lil' joint is. 

For entrees we devoured the Miso brisket pancake, pickled veg, chilli. This was beautiful and by far the best dish of the night. I find that entrees always tend to be the best part of my night, it gives you just enough to crave for multiple servings but pricy enough to stop you from doing so. The dish has a bit of spice and just full of flavours that I couldn't get enough of. Sour, spicy, savoury.. they all had a party and I'm glad I was invited.
Now for burgers... better not disappoint!

I chose the Crumbed fish fillet, pickled cucumber, lemon mayo, dill. The sauce was delicious, the fish was tender and I just love their bun. What a great burger! Fiancee reckons its the best fish burger she's had.
My fiancee went with the Pulled pork, Chur BBQ sauce, red slaw, fennel mayo. The Pulled Pork didn't soak long enough in the juices to have that beautiful meat sauce taste, but saying that, the mayo and red slaw combo was enough to save it. You can't go wrong with pulled pork and slaw. 
And all washed down with an NZ cider. What a great dinner....

Finally, make sure you have plenty of napkins on the table.. sauces were not used sparingly!