Navigation Menu

Arancini Chicken and Mushroom

Golden Banana (Top Ryde Shopping Center) has a small section at the front selling "hot" snacks....
This is an Arancini. It's a fried rice ball coated with breadcrumbs. The name comes the foods shape and colour, roughly translating to "little orange".

I'm a fan of hot food where you don't need a plate, knife and fork or spoon. Hand held snacks is the way to go.

I recently saw this being in made in one of the recent Masterchef challenges hence enticing me to give it a go. It's very flavoursome, like a small meal in the palm of your hands of rice, chicken and mushroom. Would be great served with some sort of creamy sauce or even hot. Yes I ate it cold at the shopping center.
Definitely feels like one of those snacks you can make yourself following a recipe. I might just give it a go.