Navigation Menu

Profood Cebu Dried Mangoes

Normally we buy the brand 7d. A great tasting brand in it own right. I got my hands on these thanks to my future mother in law.
The Cebu(in Philippines) mango (aka Carabao or Guadalape) is in a class of its own. The texture of the mango is unbelievably silky smooth and juicy. Most mangoes have a slight fibrous texture and its the lack of fibre which makes the Cebu mango stand out from other varieties around the world. There are many companies producing dried mango and these products are exported all around the world. Next time I get the chance I'll head to Cebu for a taste test.

I love how its not artificially sweet. It has a nice chewy bite to it and quite crispy as well. In some bites it has a slight bitterness taste like that of the skin but I kinda enjoy that.
 Overall not a bad product to sample even though dried fruits ain't my thing.