Navigation Menu

Din Tai Fung Dumpling Gems

So Din Tai Fung's First ever in Australia Dumpling Gems has arrived. 

This seemed to have originated from a restaurant called Paradise Dynasty in Singapore. Which I'm happy to hear as I'll be heading over the Singapore soon and can't wait to hunt this place down.
So the price tag for this is pretty hefty at $7.80 to $8.80 for 4 small dumplings. Obviously the multiple colours and flavour variety is the gimmick here and I handed over my money like a sucker.

The Din Tai Fung at the Star only has one flavour a day hence it makes it very hard to try them all at once but get your hungry bellies to World Square and battle the lines and you'll be rewarded with all 7 sensations.

The flavours consist of Seafood Diamond, Citirine Cheese, Ruby Bolognaise, Topaz Corn, Emerald Green, Onxy BBQ and Sapphire Garlic. What flavour is Emerald Green?? 
The flavour for sale today was Citirine Cheese. With their already great Xiao Long Bao as its base, they merely added a nice cheese center to it.

I like how the cheese pulled out of my dumplings like I was enjoying a great pizza. It was even more beautiful smothered in the chilli oils provided. 
Super excited about heading over to Singapore now to try these at a better price and possibly better quality!