Navigation Menu

Cadbury Flake

The best way to describe Flake is a log of chocolate that's made of super thin layers all wrapped up. It has a super sweet taste as the Milk chocolate melts in your mouth. For me it's downfall is that it crumbles after you take a bite into it. This means chocolate on my keyboard, jeans and fingers. Personally, I like the miniature 'Treat Size' experience, as I can pop the whole piece in my mouth and avoid any catastrophes. The only problem is: Addictive + Bite Size = Where did my whole bag of Flake go?

According to a review I found, this is 'the correct way' of eating it:
DO NOT chew flake! It should be rolled around and sucked to really enjoy the flavor. Then when you're done, curl up the wrapper and pour all the crumb that have fallen directly into your mouth :)
The most interesting tidbit about Cadbury Flake is how it came about. The initial product idea was stumbled upon when a line worker noticed that machine over-runs made folds of chocolate and these folds had a very soft and flakey texture. Cadbury immediately sent the product out for market testing and research and received terrible feedback. People complained the chocolate was too soft and it literally fell apart when you opened the wrapper (I'm still complaining ><). The Cadbury 'Flake' was launched over 90 years ago and promoted as the 'crumbliest, flakiest milk chocolate in the world'. They actually used the exact 'negative attributes' from the initial research to promote the product!


So cheers to chocolate leftovers: Flake.